July 18, 2014

The Face Shop Real Nature Masks

A few years ago, I  tried The Face Shop's masks from the Essential Masksheet range
which I felt was not bad and it left a good impression. Got these 4 from their Real Nature series and I used them over a period of two weeks. Here's a review of the masks.



Red Ginseng - for anti-aging and blood circulation




Sheet masks are usually white but this was a light brown color. The scent of ginseng was mild and calming and added to the relaxing effect of using a face mask. I guess it's either you like it or you don't, as there are some people who do not like the herb-y smell of ginseng at all.

The mask worked really well and left my skin looking revitalized, bright and soft, and Red ginseng is a popular ancient Korean beauty ingredient with anti-aging benefits that is often found in Korean skincare products. I recently re-purchased another for my mom to try as she loves the Odbo Ginseng Mask that she got in Korea during her trip there a few years back, and it can only be found online here.
Love it? : Yes, would repurchase.


Blueberry - for hydrating and vitalizing lackluster skin


This mask had a light fragrance, not too sure if I smelled blueberry. That is probably good as heavily perfumed masks contain artificial fragrances which are irritable to skin. The mask was hydrating and left my skin feeling soft.
Love it? : Not bad. I probably will not try this again as the results were just alright.
 

Olive- for moisturizing, nourishing and regulates skin's PH levels

There wasn't any distinct scent for this mask, it just smelled pleasant.The Real Nature Masks seem to suit my skin which can be sensitive to certain masks in the past which left slightly stinging sensations when applied.

The Olive mask was hydrating, and my skin felt smooth and revitalized. I generally feel that products which includes olive are great for their moisturizing properties and is an ingredient those with dry skin would find beneficial.
Love it? : Yes. 


Bamboo - for hydrating and refreshing dehydrated skin

Scent for this was mild like the olive and blueberry masks, and I think my skin got sensitive to the ingredients in this mask. I felt some light itch on some parts of my face while I had it on.
But it still did a good job and left my skin feeling bright, soft and hydrated. Perhaps it would be fine for skin which is less lightly to be sensitive to certain skincare ingredients. Sensitivity could also be due to trying out a couple of new skincare stuff recently as I'd replaced some items in my regime.
Love it? : Not bad, but my be unsuitable for my skin.

The Face Shop Real Nature Masks
Texture/Feel :Soft, Soothing, masks are soaked plumply with essence.
Function: As above 
Price: Very reasonable (for regular usage). Around USD$3 each. Tip: Stock up during promotions.







No comments:

Post a Comment