May 23, 2014

Korean Makeup: 3CE Haul and Review 韓國3CE化妆品

3 Concept Eyes Glossing Waterful Foundation

Firstly, I've hardly liked using liquid foundations as they always seem to leave this 'oily' coating and heavy coverage feeling after application. But when I read the reviews for 3CE's Waterful Foundation, it sounded promising and I wanted to give it a try, seeing that I've pretty much liked the products I've tried from the brand so far.

I'm using #Milk Ivory.
 http://file.stylenanda.com/web/product/medium/stylenanda_103199.jpg



http://stylenanda.g-img.poxo.com/web/upload5/3con-2714_en.jpg
Cr:Stylenanda 

I gotta say I love the light texture, which its name so aptly describes. It absorbs and applies easily over my skin and doesn't leave that cake-y or oily feel. It also makes my face look dewy and radiant. It is a great product for light coverage, and if you do not require a more thorough concealing of blemishes or scars.

It can be applied on using a sponge, foundation brush, or as I prefer, lightly patting it on to my face. :)

Texture/Feel: Lightweight
Staying Power: High
Application: Simple, easy to glide on
Price: Reasonable
Love it? : Yes

3 Concept Eyes Cream Blusher in #Coral Coral and #Baby Peachhttp://stylenanda.cafe24.com/web/upload5/3con-1455_en.jpg
 http://stylenanda.g-img.poxo.com/web/upload5/3con-2626.jpg
This 2 colors turned out pretty similar and it's a lighter(#Baby Peach) and darker(#Coral Coral) shade of orange-hued blushers. I know right. Why buy the same?? But I was attracted to how they look on site and on the models and couldn't decide which I liked better, so I got both. :/

Application is simple and can be done using your fingers, which is the best way to control the intensity of the color and making use of the warmth for better absorption, or using a brush if you prefer not to stain your fingers.

One thing about using cream blushers is that unlike powder types which build-on lightly and look sweet with one swipe of a brush, one swipe of a cream blusher if you are heavy handed will look like you just got into a fight. :D
So it requires more patience, time to carefully blend it over the cheekbones.

As usual, its a well pigmented product which is great for those who love creamy blushers.

Texture/Feel: Lightweight
Staying Power: Good
Application: Simple, easy to build on to desired color intensity
Price: Reasonable
Love it? : Not Bad

3 Concept Eyes Slim Eyebrow Pencil in #Chestnut Brown

It didn't look very promising at first when I saw it as its a really slim pencil which looked like it required many strokes to fill up the brows. But the width of the pencil is adequate and it is easy to fill in and draw my brows, the color is not too harsh which makes it easy to control. The plus point of it being so slim is that it takes up less space in your makeup pouch and feels light to hold.  It comes in four shades to suit different hair colors.

http://file.stylenanda.com/web/product/medium/stylenanda_124288.jpg

Texture/Feel: Smooth
Staying Power: High
Application: Simple, draw with ease
Price: Reasonable
Love it? : Yes

 3 Concept Eyes Mini Brush Kit in #Pink

PINK brushes!! The only reason I bought them. hahaha. They come in this same cute bold pink box. The bristles are soft and I tried lightly pulling them and they do not come off easily. :)

 A list of the type of brushes included.

Brushes cost about $60+ USD and come in #Black and #Pink.


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I recently bought the 3CE makeup brush set because I loved the pink brushes too! However, I was dismayed to find that at the back of the box, it says "Made in China". Just wanna cross-check with yours, if you would be so kind, does your set says the same? :( Wld really appreciate a reply @ chocolatebubbles@gmail.com Thank you so much in advance!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there. Yes, it is the same for mine. :) I suppose their cosmetics and skincare are made in Korea (as stated on packaging) whereas makeup tools are made in China like many other brands.

      Delete
  2. Im constantly amazed at the prejudice people have against products made in China. China's the world's largest production center: look in ur GAP jeans, or in your Nikes. Almost every scrap of so called designer clothing we crave or shoes or other stuff is made there. Wish people would stop moaning about a made in China tag as if 80-90% of the stuff they lug home as a "haul" wasnt made there one way or another. Whimsical love ur blog and reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess with regularly reported news of "bad" quality or harmful products and food from China, people tend to view goods made in China negatively. But as you mentioned, it's a fact that a majority of what we have is indeed made there. Thanks for reading ! :)

      Delete