May 25, 2014

Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub

How to deep cleanse your skin?

I use makeup like 3-4 times a week and sometimes even more, and really wanted to find something that can reach deeper and really give my skin a good cleansing. I don't even want to imagine the amount of junk that's accumulated from makeup, outside pollution etc.

As I get older and progress into my 20s, cleansing is like a must, unlike when I was 12 or 13 and I can just splash some water on my face and my skin would still be in good condition, and look nice and radiant.

Nowadays if I don't wash it with a proper cleanser for just one day!! I can feel the dirt building up, and the gross blackheads start coming.

I came across using baking soda the other day and actually realized like this was very popular some time back.

Bought the Etude House Baking Powder Crunch Pore Scrub and I thought the packaging was really cute!!
 The blue triangular box with small sachets, the rest are just other shopping from the same trip.

Was wondering what was the difference between this and the Wonder Pore series as they both contain baking soda, and the salesperson said that the latter was formulated for oily skin whereas this range is suited to all skin types including dry skin.

You're supposed to use it 1-2 times a week, and wet face before use.

Was surprised to see a gel-like texture as I actually expected it to be powdery, especially with the sachet packaging.

It feels grainy and light to the skin when massaging it in. Smells nice too.

Was pleasantly surprised when I applied my usual skincare after and it went on smoothly and my face felt very clean, it didn't leave any dryness and gently exfoliates without being overly harsh. Haha it smells like cleansing your face with 100plus or some carbonated drink, I liked the smell.

It's a good buy and I find it quite a fun and novel way of using the product in individual sachets. It's also more hygienic. Scrubs are not used very often, and those that come in a tube sometimes end up 'collecting' water when you leave them on the counter/in the shower, and water comes out when you open the lid? LOL. Sorry I'm quite OCD.

Benefits of baking soda:
 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/29/baking-soda-beauty-benefiits_n_4172114.html

No comments:

Post a Comment