June 28, 2014

Simple makeup with Etude House Play 101 Pencils

Here's a review of the Etude House Play 101 Pencils which I had mentioned in my previous haul post Seoul Happy.

The pencils come in individual boxes and look sleek and are easy to use. I think that many Korean beauty products come in boxes which while elevates the experience and image of using the product, can be a little wasteful. For skincare products etc, they might have essential information booklets which require them to be packaged in boxes, but for items like lipsticks and blushers perhaps it would be good to do away with the extra material?

For people like me who really enjoy purchasing and trying out new products, at least I would feel better about being a little more environmental friendly :D  (I am not the most environmentally conscious person, but I do feel wasteful when I remove packaging and throw them all away.)

http://www.kpoptown.com/shop298397/cosmetic/etude/makeup/737.jpg

The pencils come with a detachable sharpener at the end which is great as the pencil seems to blunt easily after a couple of uses because of its texture. It is creamy and glides smoothly and does seem to have a good staying power without visible smudging.

The pencils comes in 50 shades with a few types of textures, and are creatively designed multitasking products with the proposed uses stated in the chart below.
http://www.kpoptown.com/shop298397/cosmetic/etude/makeup/737-2.jpg

They are well pigmented and would be a really good product to get for girls who would like something that can have multiple uses. E.g. a pink color can double up as a blush and lip color, and even an eye shadow, all in one slim pencil! Convenient to carry around and simple for touch-ups when you're outside. I got them in #1, #8 and #43.


Here's a simple few steps makeup which I did when trying the pencils for the first time, and it only takes a couple of minutes to be done.


Step 1 : Apply foundation/ BB cream

Step 2: Brush on a light glittery base color ( I used 3CE in #Queen B)
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0488/9921/products/eh140324-shadow_23_1024x1024.jpg?v=1400311546


Step 3: Tight-line the upper eyelids and line the lower lids with Etude House Play 101 Pencil #01(Creamy Black).



Step 4: Apply Etude House Play 101 Pencil #43 (Glittery Salmon Pink)at the inner corners of the eye to open them up and for a brightening effect.



Step 5: Conceal lips with Etude House Play 101 Pencil #08 (Matte Beige).

#8 can be used as a base or an eyeshadow, and here I use it as a base for lips to conceal the edges to make it look less defined and give it a gradient-lip feel. It can also be used as a concealer to cover any red spots, blemishes and even dark circles.



Step 6: Apply lip color (Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte Lipstick in #Cheeky Coral).

http://img5a.flixcart.com/image/lipstick/h/e/g/maybelline-3-9-coral-325-mat-3-bold-matte-by-color-sensational-lip-color-400x400-imadnxhfw9rchsxc.jpeg



Step 7: Dab on cheek blush (3CE Cream Blusher in #Coral Coral).



Done.


I put my hair into a bun for pictures because the weather has been ridiculously hot these days! I got my black polka dot hair tie from H&M , together with the sweater in the picture which says "Pretty Please". I just liked the very thin lightweight knit material and the design and color of the bold fonts.


My face is really chubby with my hair tied up lol.

The pencils are a fun and creative way to put on makeup.  However I may not purchase them in other colors as I don't really use eyeshadow colors often but they could be great for those who do. It is convenient and simple to apply without needing any extra application tools like brushes and are multifunctional.


Texture/Feel:Creamy, light and smooth application
Function:Strongly pigmented, no smudging after few hours.
Price: Reasonable, about USD$6.
Love it?: Not bad






No comments:

Post a Comment