June 24, 2014

First Impressions: Etude House Silk Scarf Hair Care Range

I was feeling uncomfortable with my hair the entire day because it was dry to the touch and it was one of those days that I could barely pull my fingers through it. Yes, I have pretty damaged hair due to regular coloring, chemical straightening and I permed and bleached it once.

The funny thing is that I always wanted even lighter colored hair but my hairdresser didn't approve of bleaching my tresses. Then I diligently applied conditioner/treatment EVERYDAY for a few days before my appointment with her and somehow she agreed to do it for me? Maybe it's also because I bought her bread buns? LOL.

The irony is that not long after that, maybe a few weeks later, I started looking at pictures of  dark haired Asian celebrities and I liked how they carried their more natural hair colors while still looking really good, and I started to prefer darker hair colors.

I... bleached my hair for nothing..

But it's alright! I shall comfort myself that I got to enjoy having subtle dark pink streaks in my hair with an ashy brown base for a couple of weeks and I liked it.

I really couldn't stand the state of my hair so I decided to try out the Etude House samples that I'd got from my previous shopping trip there.

Silk Scarf Shampoo


There are no pictures of the product itself because camera and slippery hands in the shower doesn't sound very wise. At least, I don't trust myself to...The sachet contained an amount of shampoo which was more suitable for short to shoulder length hair girls... and maybe guys. My hair is a few inches below the shoulder and is pretty thick so it felt like it wasn't enough.

The color of the shampoo is a light pearlescent pink and it smells like berries. Sweet and really nice. I think Etude House really knows how to appeal to all senses of a girl, in terms of packaging, the fragrances etc they use. I can't stand overtly sweet scents but I really liked this! Function-wise the shampoo feels moisturizing and not drying, and it scores with packaging (as seen above), pretty color and lovely fragrance that I think would appeal to most girls.

Silk Scarf Treatment


I tried the treatment after shampooing my hair, and the product seem to absorb into my hair instead, unlike usual treatments that instantly coats your hair and leaves it feeling very slippery, silky to the touch. I wasn't sure if it had done its job then, and I left it on for a couple of minutes before I rinsed it off.

My hair did feel smoother when it was dried, so maybe the treatment had worked after all? I will be getting the shampoo(love the smell) and will check out the other repair/moisturizing products in the Silk Scarf range to see what they have and maybe get the treatment if nothing catches my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment