May 28, 2014

Shopping on Taobao

I started buying from Taobao (淘寶網) a month back and it's become addictive to shop there. The process is simple and making payment is fuss-free and convenient as well. Although I did struggle at first because it's in mandarin mostly but I had some guidance and now it's hard to stop.

The first time I bought 7 pairs of shoes (wth) and some clothing and it came in a bag so big like a rice sack. Haha it was so huge because the various sellers had included the shoe boxes inside.

My latest batch consists of mostly simple tops that are easy to match and wearable for casual days.


 Everything comes in an individual package as there are from different sellers. What I order (could be from different parts of China) is sent to a holding warehouse in the country, and consolidated together to be sent to me via overseas shipping which makes the shopping fees reasonable.

All these take about a week or even less to reach me depending on the seller's processing speed. Most of them send it to the warehouse in 1-2 days, and overseas shipping takes about 3 days.

 The items are nicely packaged in plastic wrapping and come with tags.
This white skirt looked nice on the site but I seriously don't know what material is it made of. I don't think it's even used to make clothes, because the 'fabric' is soo ridiculously thin and light lol, even my mesh curtains feel thicker. And it's translucent. o.o New trend? Bad buy.. ;(
Tops to match with high waist skirts or shorts for a more casual look.
Bought these 2 to wear at home, neighbourhood places or going out nearby to eat. Still crumpled as they are newly taken out from the packaging.
Lilac maxi skirt. A little hard to capture the color on camera.
Got a pair of round sunnies which are seen everywhere now. They look like John Lennon glasses, maybe it was inspired by him?
Also got a mirror for my new dressing table in this haul which I've yet to remove from the box.

Shopping on Taobao is fun, pretty easy (if you can navigate in Mandarin), and of cos CHEAP. It's so worth it, since everything is made in China anyway, and I went shopping yesterday and didn't even buy any clothes as they feel so marked-up compared to buying from Taobao. It could be cheaper by almost half of the price you get in retail or other reseller online stores. But of cos it's good to browse through the reviews more thoroughly and items like bottoms may not always fit well.
Quality is usually what you pay for but most of the items I've received are acceptable and look true to pictures displayed on the site.
And you can find like anything. Clothes, bags, shoes, pet stuff, furniture, electronics, wallpaper. I foresee a long term addiction. xD

2 comments:

  1. i started shopping there a few months ago too! i just received a huge sack the other day.. haha

    ReplyDelete