July 29, 2014

The Face Shop Natural Sun AQ Smart Cushion SPF 50+ PA+++

Foundations, BB creams and skin base makeup products are not something I pay much attention to, because I'm usually drawn to trying out skincare products or lusting over lip colors.

After all I don't do the face base regime of primer, foundation, concealer, topped off with a loose powder etc to set it all. I'm more of a pat and proceed (to eye makeup type) technique. Reason being that I do not have many blemishes to conceal besides the occasional zit.

My skin issues are dry skin, which is only solvable with moisturizer, blackheads which can barely be concealed fully and in which a lightweight foundation would suffice, and they are only obvious upon close examination. My perpetual dark rings below my eyes do require concealer hehe, but I usually only use foundation to go over it as well. Too lazy for an extra step. And I honestly feel that an overly concealed/powdered face can make your face look a little 2D at times? I once tried a sample of a BB cream over my whole face (can't remember the brand) and it made my face look a little 'flat', not sure if I'm explaining it well. But basically overly doing it seems to erase the angles on the face and flattens the contours visually.

Back to this new product that I recently got, The Face Shop's Natural Sun AQ Smart Cushion, which is a lightweight foundation combined with a sunscreen (SPF 50+). It is a product under their Natural Sun Eco range.

Many Asian girls are concerned about maintaining fair skin, with whitening products being majorly popular and some turn into sun-fearing, anti age spots, and umbrella-carrying vampires. I have not proceeded to this level of obsession but I am aware of the damage sun exposure could cause, and hence, want to try and be a little more hardworking in applying sun protection.


The cushion is more of a skincare than makeup product for sun protection, although it can be used as a foundation if you require sheer coverage or just a light makeup style for casual days.


The inside works like normal BB cushion pacts, with a lid separating the applicator puff and the cushion.

I really like how soft these puffs from cushion products are!

They glide over the skin smoothly without leaving streaks, are gentle for using on skin near the eyes without tugging roughly and make it easy to blend the product over the face.


It has a light pleasant smell and it matches well with my skin color which is probably due to its sheer tint and it only comes in one color which is meant to suit all skin tones. The texture is like that of a liquid foundation and blends easily into the skin, and helps to give a more even complexion.

Like most Korea skin base products, it made my skin look dewy and radiant.

The only issue is that I usually change my applicators once every few weeks, and I know that this puff can be washed and reused. But I normally just buy new applicators for my powder foundation from drugstores/Daiso and I don't think this type of puff is sold separately, and would probably be slightly more expensive if it was.

I think I would be using this cushion pretty often, especially when I go out in the day and would need the SPF protection. Would try to alternate with my current 3CE Glossing Waterful Foundation, if not I would probably never finish using that!

Texture:Liquid, smooth and creamy.
Function: Sun protection SPF50.  Light coverage, can be used as foundation.
Price: USD$32.00 / SGD$39.90
Love it?: Yes




No comments:

Post a Comment