July 11, 2014

First Impressions: Laneige Homme Cleanser

This is a review of the cleansers from the Laneige Homme range which might be useful if you are thinking of getting some male skincare for yourself (not too sure if most guys even read beauty reviews lol) or buying it for someone.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfopuYrOO0qNFHgy3zB1wngSMJ6BooxJKQT9ZN3X5HlMh0fDrO

I always had this idea that since guys' skin are rougher, thicker (25% more actually) than women, using male skincare might cause sensitivity or break me out. I had some samples on hand, and decided to try it out of curiosity and see.

Laneige Homme Active Water Cleanser

http://asa.nufo.amorepacific.com/upload_files/product/EN/ufo_f_214203001_370.jpg


 "A mild cleanser that leaves your skin suppler and cleaner with rich micro lather and moisturizing mango butter."

The Laneige Homme Active Water Cleanser is suitable for dry skin and is meant for providing moisturized and supple skin with concentrated oxygen water. I tried this first and the smell took me by surprise. Not exactly the usual feminine, floral or fruity type of scent cos that was what I am used to, but it was just.... manly. Lol. I totally forgot for a moment that it probably wasn't going to be smelling too girly.

The texture was creamy like a normal cleanser and it cleansed my face really well with no feeling of leftover residue. I didn't feel like it stripped my face of moisture, there wasn't any tautness and my face felt soft, hydrated and clean.

Laneige Homme Pore Clearing Cleanser 
http://asa.nufo.amorepacific.com/upload_files/product/EN/ufo_f_214204001_370.jpg
"Multi-porous powder absorbs excess sebum, while the natural moisturizers of jojoba oil leave your skin suppler after cleansing."

This cleanser is suited for trouble-prone skin with blemishes, enlarged pores etc.,and has mini granules to remove dead skin cells and blackheads. It is a scrubbing cleanser to be used 1-2 times per week on problem areas or on the entire face.

It feels like a regular scrub with scaling beads in it and I think it worked well in getting rid of dead skin and cleaning of pores. The beads are not too big and feel gentle on skin. And the smell is really familiar! Almost like something you'll expect in a men's perfume section in a department store. But I liked it! I think most girls would also like this scent and having their significant other using it. It wasn't too overpowering and probably something like an aftershave scent and smells really good.

 I used this about a week or two after I'd tried the Active Water Cleanser so I'm not sure if the smells were identical, but this definitely smelled slightly stronger.

The scrubbing cleanser also left a cool refreshing feeling, something really commonly found in male skincare products as it contains menthol. I wonder what is it with guys and needing menthol in everything, even shampoo (though that does feel quite good ^^).


Although I did not have any adverse reactions to the cleansers, it was only a one-time use and it is still better to use skincare formulated for your own gender that addresses the issues of each. Male and female skin do differ in terms of sebum production etc and have differing needs and suitability.

I quite liked both cleansers and though they were designed for men, they were not harsh on mine and both had pleasant smells, cleansed deeply and work like the usual Laneige cleansers and scrub I have been using, which are awesome. It's probably a good buy and you could consider the Laneige Homme range.if you are on the look-out for male facial cleansing products.





No comments:

Post a Comment