April 6, 2015

March Favourites




(L-R)

Mario Budescu Silver Powder
I noticed more blackheads than usual on my nose during a period of time and decided to get the Mario Budescu Silver Powder, which had mixed reviews but sounded promising enough for me to purchase it.

Application can be a pretty messy affair for the first time. I usually dampen a cotton bud (Q-Tip) with water, and dip it into some of the powder, before carefully patting it on the problem areas. It sticks to the skin though I usually put a tissue on my top as a bib while waiting for the application time of about 10 minutes, before wiping off with a toner as per the instructions.

Does it work. I would say partially. It does not fully rid the problem areas of blackheads, (actually I've yet to find a product that really does), but it helps to bring them up to the surface more, as you can easily scratch (not recommended) them out after, and the blackheads do not seem to be stubbornly rooted deep in the skin. Some reviewers have recommended using a blackhead patch after using the powder to lift the blackheads out of the pores. That sounds like it might work though I do not have any and I usually use an exfoliator/scrub after which seems to work alright.

The product does not work miracles but it helps to loosen the blackheads in the pores for easier extraction etc. I find it pretty useful and something I'd like to keep around for times when I'm a little more hardworking and my skin feels a little clogged.


Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
The mini sized Benefit "Girl Meets Pearl" came with two other Benefit products. I like that it gives a subtle sheen, blends well with skin and gives a smooth and glowy look. I tried "That Gal"which came in the travel sized trio however, I didn't see any difference with application. "Girl Meets Pearl" is like a night version but I think it works fine for day as well and it gives a nice sheen while "That Gal" does nothing for me at all. Haha. I will try it out again though and see if the results are still as unnoticeable.


Estee Lauder Daywear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidation & UV Defense, Broad Spectrum SPF 50
Firstly, this smells like cucumbers. Not sure if this is Estee Lauder's signature smells for their skincare, but it is pretty pleasant. Unfortunately, this is not available locally and it's not even widely available in the US as my sister took quite an effort before locating it at a Macy's. The product feels lightweight and absorbs easily and most importantly, blends nicely and does not leave white streaks! It comes in a sleek mint colour tube which looks pretty on a dressing table.

Clarisonic Mia2
This has been around for some time and honestly I was a little skeptical when I first heard about it a few years back. And also, one more extra step (preparing and washing the brush head) in the already cumbersome skincare routine? XD
However, in recent months I decided that I wanted to deep cleanse my skin even more and splurged a little , or should I say invested on this popular cleansing tool.

I would say it does make my skin feel like it's better cleansed, and it is pretty fun to use. The vibration of the bristles makes me feel like I'm getting a little massage on my skin and helps to circulate the blood flow. The soft bristles feels gentle on my skin as well.

Etude House Play 101 Pencil #43
I got this quite some time ago actually, when the pencils were first released. I bought three and this is one I've been grabbing very often as an eyeshadow especially when I'm in a rush. It's convenient, easier to control than a eyeshadow brush and glides on smoothly and has pretty good lasting power.

Make Up Forever HD Foundation
 This is probably one of the priciest foundation I've ever bought, but I've seen such great reviews. And I do like it. It gives a very even coverage while blending smoothly into the skin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment