November 8, 2014

Lip Care

One of my favourite makeup product is a lipstick, and while we often carefully select cleansers and exfoliators to make sure the dirt and gunk gets scrubbed off our faces, we end up neglecting the lips.

I occasionally rub my peeling gel over my lips lightly while using it on the rest of my face, but for most of the time I don't really take care of them except for some lip balm when I'm applying a lip color.

I bought a lip scrub from Innisfree months ago but have yet to use it. Recently I tried this Tony Moly lip scrub which a friend got me from Korea, and am going to make an effort to remember to incorporate lip care into my routine!

Just like facial makeup, there might be built-up over time and I often use lip products with strong pigmentation, and I do worry if it could cause dryness or staining over time.

Using a soft toothbrush to get rid of dead skin cells could do the job too, but I prefer using a creamy scrub to massage my lips.

I just realised the name of this product is so cute, Tony Moly Kiss Kiss Lip Scrub. XD

Kiss Kiss
Twist to open
Comes with a brand name imprinted seal
Smells yummy

It has a luscious vanilla fragrance with little exfoliating beads mixed into a moisturizing soft cream which spreads over the lips easily.

I expected an overly sweet girly berries scent with a packaging like that and was pleasantly surprised.

Not much product in the small tub but a little dab for a one-time usage is sufficient. I'm gonna wash and keep the lip-shaped container after I'm finished with the scrub. Too cute to throw. :) Could use it as a earrings or supplement pill storage.

After exfoliating comes moisturizing.
Vaseline Lip Therapy and Smith's Rosebud Salve Tube in Minted Rose.
I've been using Vaseline for the longest time and I prefer it over chap sticks which seems to coat the lips and prevent peeling but doesn't feel like it moisturizes? I've tried it during overseas trips with chilly and dry weather where I often experience cracked lips and I think it works well.

Got the popular Smith's Rosebud Salve recently and I like the minty cooling sensation (Minted Rose flavor). It spreads easily like Vaseline's and my lips feel pumped with moisture after use.

Textures.
Vaseline is more goopy and thicker in texture while Smith's has a more liquid-y and smooth formula.
Both are easily absorbed and hydrating.

Hot (dog) lips.

Keep those puckers smooth and moisturized!





No comments:

Post a Comment