July 22, 2015

June Favourites



1. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture in #13 Le Orange
It says orange but it sways towards a little bit of reddish as well. I love it. I love the pop of colour it gives to my face, the soft sweet smell, the gorgeous packaging and weighted material. The colour applies easily across the lips, is pigmented and feels moisturising. I initially got one only because I liked how the brand's lippies looked, but I ended up liking everything about it. Great buy. Looking forward to more adding more YSL lip products in my future travels and stocking up at the duty-free :P. It's just one of those things you open up your bag and you're happy to see.

2. MAC Brow Shader in Porcelaine/Browning & 3. MAC 208 Angled Brow Brush
Got this as I wanted a darker shade for my eyebrows and decided to give powders a try. I purchased it together with the MAC eyebrow brush in #208, and have been using them since. It allows me to build up definition in my brows slowly as desired and the brush picks up product well. 

4. Shu Uemura Cleansing  Beauty Oil Premium A/I
 I wonder what took me so long really! Anyone who has heard of this brand would be aware of the cleansing oil which is a really popular favourite with their customers. I was walking by a Shu Uemura store and decided to go in and check out a new foundation which I had saw on an adv, and it was actually my very first time testing out their products. I purchased the Cleansing Oil and the Lightbulb Foundation. Not exactly the very first product(s) I owned from their brand as a friend had gifted me with their eyelash curler a couple of years ago.
I love it!! It takes off makeup efficiently and as I got the yellow bottle as pictured above which is formulated for sensitive skin, it was gentle and left my face feeling clean, refreshed and soft after.Not sure if the other Cleansing Oils would be suited for my skin but I would be buying one in the smaller size bottle to give it a try soon, as my current one is running low.

5. Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Multi-Action Creme Cleanser/Moisture Mask for Dry Skin
The smell! I know it shouldn't be a main focus in a cleanser but I was really happy using it the first time and the scent hit me. I think Estee Lauder has a knack of producing comforting, fresh and likable scents which do not overwhelm. This product as it name suggests, can be used as a facial wash and doubles up as a moisture mask when you leave it on for longer. I have yet to try it as a mask. It works great for a cleanser, feels gentle on my skin, does not seem to irritate it and leaves a very light moisturising film after rinsing. 

6. Shu Uemura CC UV Under Base Mousse
With a bouncy, soft and pinkish mousse that dispenses when you press the nozzle, this is pretty fun to use, especially on days when I'm leisurely putting on my makeup. It helps to create a smooth and slightly dewy finish after application which helps to brighten and give an overall polished look. I like that it comes with an SPF protection.

7. The Body Book - Feed, Move, Understand and Love Your Amazing Body
I have been reading this on and off as my bedtime read. It's by Cameron Diaz and what I like is that this book does not touch on the topic of being healthy superficially or is content that feels repeated. The book is written in a personable way, is technical and informative, and teaches more in detail on not just how muscles or a body organ could be strengthened but explains their functions and how everything you do or eat can affect them. It could get a little too technical at times though, haha but I think it's great to have these knowledge squeezed into a book for reference if you are interested in improving your lifestyle and health.

8. Shu Uemura Makeup Sponges
I use these for applying my liquid foundations as well as the Shu Uemura CC. The angles of the sponge help reach areas like sides of the nose and upper lip areas etc. more evenly. The sponges are soft and do not scratch or feel rough against my skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment