October 12, 2014

Laneige Gel Liquid Liner

This is one of the newer products from Laniege and I got one since my eyeliner is running low and I've hardly tried makeup from their brand and was curious. 

Laneige Gel Liquid Liner in #Black
It's a "melting gel formula which has both the soft texture of high-coloration gel liner and the convenience of liquid liner".

The eyeliner becomes a brush and a pot which contains the product when you twist it open, instead of normal auto types that dispenses as you use. This allows more control of the amount used, however may be slightly difficult to manage for non-liquid liner users. The liner might pick up more product/is slightly clumpy when opened and you may adjust accordingly and start off with less to minimize mistakes. The brush is thicker than the usual sharp thin liners I'm used to and is also softer and more bendable, requiring some skill and light-handedness when you apply.


The formula reminds me of dipping brushes into calligraphy ink, with its thick liquid texture and intense color and its quite fun to use. I like how smoothly the product glides over and it's easy once you get used to handling the brush. :)

Thick brush that picks up a lot of product.
It takes slightly longer to dry and I've observed slight smudging at the corners of my eyes after a couple of hours, but it has a gorgeous intense finish and lasting power.The pigment goes on really strongly and it's not surprising it may melt a little after some time especially if you extend your eyeliner over the outer eye corners. But I love the intensity it gives which frames the eyes and some of the product goes onto your lashes during application, which causes the roots to clump very slightly and actually helps to give a lash thickening effect? Not in the product function but I like it lol.


 Close-up.




Probably not the type of eyeliner I would use if I'm going to be sweating a lot and be out for long hours, but great for more *air-conditioned* activities like dining out, movies that don't require too much energy or sebum-producing.

Anyway I tried out the brush pacts when I was at the counter but didn't get it because I feel like I'm spending a little too much recently. I thought it was pretty good and I liked the softness of the powder and the smooth and even effect. But ya, I put it back! $_$
http://asa.nufo.amorepacific.com/upload_files/product/EN/Product_Brush_Pact_sg_370.jpg
Laneige Brush Pact

Laneige Gel Liquid Liner comes in Dark Brown and Black.

Texture/Feel : Liquid-gel, not very runny and strong color. Thick and soft brush.
Function:Takes some practice to maneuver. Good for doing strong makeup styles/cat eyes.
Price: SGD$29
Love it? : Yes.





No comments:

Post a Comment